Sunday, December 06, 2015

It's THE time of the year


☽ || Ohh finally it's december, can't believe it! Where the hell has the year gone? Christmas markets opened their doors a week ago, the streets in the cities are full of people rushing from one shop to another to buy christmas gifts. I think I will take things slow and relaxed, I don't want christmas stress to get too close to me. That's not the thought of this feast.
Since I love handmade gifts, I plan to make some on my own ( : Surprising lovely people is the best way to make yourself happy too! ♡♡♡
  
Today is St. Nicholas Day, and here in Germany we make each other little gifts. I found christmas tea and cacao & mint & cocos and cacao & sesame bliss balls in my shoes ( : Everything is super delish.



Last week I went to the first christmas market of the year, it's a really tiny one and it only takes place for one day in our neighbor village. The things you can buy there are all handmade and homegrown/local, for me it's good to support small companies. Here's what I found: Two wintery ceramic plates and hangers, selfmade cookies, homegrown tea with melissa, mint, rose, marigold and St. John's wort and two jams, rose and hawkbit. ❁


Here's a belated photo of my birthday gift from my swedish friend Sina! She made me these wonderful latvian mittens! ♡ They will keep my hands warm during the cold season. She also gave me a handdrawn illustration!


I am already preparing my christmas mail, gosh I found the cutest postcards yesterday ♡
Can't wait to send them out! Even if I am not showing photos of mail here anymore, I am a passionate letter writer still. And for me - christmas mail is the best mail of the year ( :

All photos by me


No comments:

Post a Comment