Sunday, January 24, 2016

Breakfast || The best meal of the day ♡


Hej peeps, 

for me, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives you the energy you need for a long day at work/school/university. Honestly I don't have that much time in the morning during my workweek, so I always end up with oats topped with apples/bananas and some sweetener. 
BUT at the weekend I devote my morning time for some really yummy breakfasts.

This weekend I had two really really good breakies that I now want to share with you...


So here's a yummy breakie I enjoyed today. On christmas eve we had a lovely nordic dessert, with pearl barley and raspberries. So this bowl is inspired by the dessert we had.

I cooked the pearl barley in milk for round about 20 minutes. Then add a sweetener of your choice, I used maple syrup. Fill in your favourite breakfast bowl and top it with fruits, kernels, nuts and other yummy things you like. 
Enjoy ♡

The second breakfast is based on a recipe by my friend Olivia www.nothingbutdaydreaming.com
For that I peeled two carrots and rasped them into thin slices, then I filled them in a pan together with oats, coconut cream, cinnamon, kardamom, a bit of ginger, juice from 1 orange, a bit vanilla and a pinch of salt. Then I cooked it up until it was creamy and filled it in a bowl.

I added apple slices, fresh blueberries, even more coconut cream and coco chips on top!
Yum yum yum!

all photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment