Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Snail Mail


I started "Snail Mailing" early this summer. I stumbled upon "The Happy Mail Project" on Pinterest and thought it was such a lovely idea: Writing and receiving lovely decorated mail from all over the world! I noticed that there are a lot of snail mail loving souls out there, especially on Instagram! So I made connection with so many talented, creative girls. Postcards, tea, handpainted art, small fleamarket finds and other treasures are things I received in the past months. And I must admit, sometimes I am so so happy about a letter that I've got tears in my eyes! Really, it's such a nice thought that there's someone in another country or even continent who's wrapping some little treasures for me! I think it's the thought that counts. We're living in times, where everything has to be fast, everything is digitized. I like that a letter takes some days or even weeks to reach me. Opening my letterbox is so suspenseful every day - I can never know if there's a letter waiting for me! And if so - I have a big smile on my face!

So yes, letters can make you happy! Send more mail! (:

Here are some lovely letters I received in the past weeks! ♥













6 comments:

  1. Idea of snail mailing is the best I've ever taken part in - we can meet so many interesting and creative people from all over the world! And the feeling when you find something in your mailbox - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, dear! It's such a lovely hobby! ( :

      Delete
  2. Awh, you have got a blog! How nice!!! Can't wait to see your snail mail posts soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I finally dared to start one ( : I'm looking forward to more posts.

      Delete
  3. hey ! This idea of getting letters from all over the world is great, I would love to try, but how? You have to register on a special website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Yes, you're right, it's so much fun receiving mail from all over the world. I found all my penpals via Instagram...you can search for hashtags like #snailmail #snailmailrevolution #penpalswanted #penpalsaroundtheworld etc. My tipp is just ask persons you're interested in writing with if they want to exchange letters with you. Most of them are really friendly and give newbies a try. If you have an Instagram account it can be helpful to post a photo which says "Penpals wanted" or something like that. Then post it with the hashtags I mentioned above. Apart from Instagram I don't know if there are any communties or websites. I hope this helps you a bit?!
      Regards ♥

      Delete